- An LL.B Degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of Fifty percent (50%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories and Forty-Five percent (45%) of marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2022 are also eligible to apply.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT 2022.
- Tie Breaker Rule : In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
i. Higher age;
ii. Computerised draw of lots.
PG Syllabus & Guide
Introduction and Overview
The PG-CLAT 2022 will feature an emphasis on the comprehension abilities of the students. It shall be of 120 minutes duration, with one sections:
- The first section would include 120 objective-type questions carrying 1 mark each. There shall be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- Candidates who secure 40% (35% in case of SC, ST, and PWD) marks in the objective section will qualify for the evaluation of their answers in the descriptive section.
The paper will be based on the mandatory subjects of the undergraduate program and include Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Law of Contract, Torts, Family Law, Criminal Law, Property Law, Company Law, Public International Law, Tax Law, Environmental Law, and Labour & Industrial Law.
In this section of the PG-CLAT 2022, you will be provided extracts from primary legal materials such as important court decisions in various fields of law, statutes, or regulations. Each passage will be followed by a series of questions that will require you to demonstrate the:
- Ability to read and comprehend the issues discussed in the passage, as well as any arguments and viewpoints discussed or set out in the passage;
- Awareness of the issues discussed in the passage, as well as of legal issues and facts related to and arising out of the passage and the judgment or statute from which it is extracted;
- Summarise the passage; and
- Ability to apply your knowledge of the fields of law discussed in the passage.
Preparing for the PG-CLAT 2022
As part of your preparations for the PG-CLAT 2022, you should:
- Read and refresh your knowledge of important judgments, and try to discern various issues discussed in such judgments;
- Refresh your knowledge of important constitutional and legislative provisions, particularly those that may have been discussed in recent judgments; it would also be useful to ensure you are aware of historical case law and amendments related to such provisions, so that you have a more complete awareness of such provisions and the issues related to them;
- Practice writing essays of the type indicated above, with clear presentations of issues, factual matters, arguments and conclusion.
PG Question Paper Format
Duration of exam
120 questions of one mark each
Other areas of law such as Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Law of Contract, Torts, Family Law, Criminal Law, Property Law, Company Law, Public International Law, Tax Law, Environmental Law, and Labour & Industrial Law
0.25 Mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
CLAT PG 2022 Schedule
The Consortium of National Law University (CNLU) has announced the dates to conduct the CommThe CLAT 2022 application form will be released soon on its official website at consortiumofnlus.ac.in. CLAT will be conducted for admission to 22 national law universities that offer 5-year integrated LLB and LLM programmes.on Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2022-23. For the first time, CNLU will conduct the CLAT for the years 2022 and 2023 in the same year. This is the first time that CLAT will be conducted twice in the same year.
CLAT 2022 will be held on May 8 while CLAT-2023 will be held on December 18, 2022. The consortium has also reduced the counselling fees from Rs 50,000 to Rs 30,000. For reserved category candidates, the counselling fees will be Rs. 20,000.
The CLAT 2022 application form will be released soon on its official website at consortiumofnlus.ac.in. CLAT will be conducted for admission to 22 national law universities that offer 5-year integrated LLB and LLM programmes.The decision was made during the Annual Executive Committee and the General Body Meeting of the Consortium of National Law Universities held on Sunday at NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad.Candidates who have passed Class 12 or will appear in the board examination are eligible to apply for UG-CLAT 2022, while candidates who have completed LLB or are in the final year of the LLB programme can apply for CLAT LLM.
Instructions for PG Programme
- The CLAT 2022 examination will be held in OFFLINE mode
- The applications have to be submitted ONLINE only from consortiumofnlus.ac.in website.
- The date of examination as scheduled on 8 May 2022.
- Indian Nationals/NRIs/PIO/OCI seeking admission in either of the PG programmes shall appear in CLAT 2022.
- Foreign Nationals need not appear for the test
- For any information relating to the 18 NLUs, the candidate may refer to the e-brochure of the respective Institutions available in the Consortium website.
- For NRI/NRI Sponsored/Foreign National seats, the applicants are advised to refer to the e-brochures as well as the websites of the respective NLUs for more details. All NRI Category candidates have to appear for the CLAT 2022 examination for those NLUs where such category is admitted through CLAT 2022 rankings and not admitted directly by the concerned Universities. Please note that for admission in these categories, you will need to apply directly to the concerned NLU in addition to appearing for the CLAT exam. Please refer to the NLU website for more information.
- Information regarding the details of intake, reservation policies and the courses offered along with the fee structures of various participating National Law Universities is available in the Information Brochure which can be accessed from the official website of CLAT and also from the websites of the participating NLUs. The candidates are, therefore, advised to thoroughly go through the rules, policies and the fee structure of the participating NLUs before filling in the application form for PG courses, and also for the NRI and Foreign National seats.
- Information provided in the e-Brochure regarding the intake, reservation policy, fee, courses offered and the subjects taught at various levels including the areas of specialization, etc., has been specified very briefly. For detailed information regarding the same, the candidates may refer to the information available at the websites of the participating NLUs.
- Candidates are advised to visit CLAT 2022 website regularly for updates. The allotment of seats and the offer for admission under CLAT 2022 shall be provisional and shall not create any right of admission in favour of a candidate.
- The online enrolment for CLAT 2022 will open on 1st January 2022 .
- The application form, complete in all respects and after payment of fees must be finally submitted on or before the Scheduled date and time. Incomplete application forms shall not be considered. The candidates shall fill and submit the application form well in time to avoid last minute hassles. The CLAT Office or the organizing University shall in no case be responsible for any incomplete information or misinformation or inconvenience faced by the candidate in this regard.
- Candidates are first required to register themselves at the CLAT 2022 website by using personal mobile number and e-mail Id. Upon registration, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number for validation. Once the mobile number is validated, candidates can login using mobile number and the password provided at the time of registration.
- Please fill the form carefully. The Name of the candidate and the parents should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Please note that once the application is submitted and paid, the candidate cannot change the program, category, and BPL field.
- Updates to application form will not be entertained after the closure date.
- The candidates are required to read the instructions carefully and furnish correct and authentic information. In case the information furnished at any stage of the application, examination and admission process is found to be false or incorrect or if there is any discrepancy or mismatch between the information furnished by the candidate at the relevant section and the certificates/documents produced at the time of admission, the provisional admission offered to the candidate shall stand cancelled with immediate effect without assigning any further reason and the candidate shall stand disqualified from being considered for further admission to the NLUs by the CLAT Consortium Office.
- The candidate shall fill his/her preference order for all NLUs after the results are declared.
- The candidates are requested to choose the program (UG/PG) correctly. Requests for change of program in the application form will not be entertained.
- In the event of unforeseen incidents resulting in the cancellation of a Test city or centre, or insufficient or extra number of candidates opting to appear from a particular Test Centre, the Convenor, CLAT 2022 reserves the right to cancel such a City/Centre and shift the applicant to another City/Centre
- In order to claim the benefit of reservation, the candidate must produce the relevant certificates as prescribed by the Government of India/State Government and as required by the respective NLU at the time of admission, as notified by them.
- The CLAT 2022 application fee is non-refundable and non-adjustable.
- Participating National Law Universities reserve the right to change the total number of seats and break-up of seats as per their policy before the final allotment. The reservation policy is subject to change as decided by the concerned Government from time to time.
- If a candidate has filled-in more than one online application form, the candidate's last online application form only will be considered. In such cases, the application fee for the previous application forms will not be refunded.
Documents to be uploaded with the Online Application.
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ST/OBC
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if candidate is applying under P.W.D
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if candidate is applying under BPL category
- The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University in the form and manner as specified by the respective universities at the time of admission.
- The photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested while submitting the Online Application Form.
- All documents/certificates should be uploaded in pdf format only.
- Application fees can be paid online only.
- Application fee for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates: Rs.4,000/-
- Application fee for SC/ST/BPL category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
- The cost of previous years' question papers is Rs.500/- (not included in the CLAT 2022 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.)
- The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online. The actual bank transaction charges will be displayed in the payment gateway page after the candidates choose the mode of payment.
- Application Fees is non-refundable.
Admit Card/Hall ticket
- The Admit Card/Hall ticket can be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her account. The exact date on which the hall tickets will be made available will be intimated on the website.